Angelina Jolie is a filmmaker, a special envoy of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, and a cofounder of the Preventing Sexual Violence in Conflict Initiative. The Breadwinner will be in North American theaters on November 17, with worldwide release dates to follow.
International law requires that women and girls must be equal with men and boys. This means full equality in:
- The right to participate in international, national and local politics and society.
- The right to education, work, and access to the economy.
- The right to health, including sexual and reproductive health.
- The right to life, and not to be subjected to violence, especially rape and domestic violence.
- The right to equality in their relationships among families, communities, and religions
This legal duty to ensure gender equality is obligatory on all States in the world.
Source: London School Of Economics Centre for Women Peace and Security; Further information available also on unwomen.org.